Welcome to the toolbox section, this is a list of all the tools I used and services I use to build and operate DSGN as well as a couple of other web sites I own.
Every resource listed here is crucial to running DSGN (or were crucial to developing the website to where it is today).
I host DSGN on DigitalOcean. They have affordable servers and a sweet dashboard. If you are a sysadmin and/or know your way into managing servers, I highly recommend it to you.
I’m a developer, so I built DSGN’s theme from scratch using Sage. As I’m still exploring the final look of DSGN, you will see some visual changes from time to time so, don’t cha worry ’bout a thing.
If you need a clean, fast-loading and SEO optimized WordPress theme, get in touch with me for a quote.
There are a bunch of super awesome WordPress plugins out there but I try to keep it to a minimum.
- Jetpack — I know, right. I use it because it supports markdown in posts.
- Redirection — Let’s you create 301 redirections on fly. Will detect and redirect old slugs automagically.
- Soil — A Roots plugin to apply theme-agnostic front-end modifications.
- The SEO Framework — Yoast SEO is good, but this is even better.
- Advanced Custom Fields PR0 — This is the only paid plugin I use. Do I need to introduce this big boy?
I register and manage all my domain names at Gandi. I like Gandi for their simplicity and stellar support. I also love them because they take stand against SOPA and support multiple foundations.
If you need a simple and easy way to send campaigns, manage subscribers and do some marketing automation stuff, then Revue is your friend. I use it to send you my weekly newsletter.
I speak Arabic and French. Learning a third language wasn’t an easy job for me. I still make English grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary mistakes. Grammarly helps me deal with that.
Looking for more resources to build your next website? I made a huge list of web design resources which I update frequently.